Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bloggedu

I think the name of this post was supposed to sound like "Xanadu," although I don't know why. Admittedly, I was never into that movie even though I was raised to be. Not that my parents were forcing me to watch it, but I was a kid during that time when the first Grease was HUGE (like, in first grade, my friends and I lipsynched to Grease songs in front of our class. We had the coolest teacher EVER. She also had a table with records that we could listen to if we finished our work early. My two favorites? "Call Me" by Blondie and this song about Triceratops). To tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever actually seen the entirety of Xanadu. Don't hate me. I know some people are super territorial about that movie.

Anywho, I'll try to blog a little more now that I am ALMOST DONE WITH MY NEW BOOK. Today, I think I'm going to finish reading it over for my final revision before I type in the changes and send it off to my editor. I will make certain I finish. But what next? My first advneture will be opening my Honda Civic's trunk and taking inventory of all of the presents we bought for Romy over the last few months. Which will be for Hanukkah? Which night? Which for Chirstmas? Which will go under the tree or in the stocking? And how much more can I buy! I did go out on Black Friday, but it was after everyone in the house was up. I only went to two stores and bought five things. Only one of the things was something I hadn't thought of buying, but it was awesome. I can't say what it is, just in case Romy has learned how to read and follows my blog. I can't wait to wrap everything. I love wrapping paper. But that's all I use. No bows. My cat would eat them.

Speaking of blogs, my glorious husband, author/illustrator/dead-mouse-disposer, Matthew Cordell, is offering up something amazing at his blog if you buy copies of his new book, hello! hello! We're talking original art and stuff, but only until Saturday. Make sure you head over there and check out his hottt dealzzz. I would also like to offer a hottt dealz, but I don't draw purty pictures. However, I am thinking of offering a signed book plate deal if you send me a copy of a Have a Nice Day receipt. Would anyone be interested? Even if I haven't seen all of Xanadu?

No comments: