Thursday, March 29, 2012

And the Winner is... Not My Basement

Remember how I had a contest last week? Or was it the week before? Geez. Well, this happened to my basement:

This isn't my basement. This is my living room with some of the contents of my basement bookshelves. The basement itself flooded after the second of our sump pumps died. Not that we even knew we had two of them. Handy, we are. Therefore, this past week has been full of moving and drying and smelling bad smells. I didn't even get a chance to blog about the fabulous time I had at LitWorks last weekend or announce the winner of the Forgive Me, I Meant to Do It contest. So here are the quickie versions of my missed blogs:

LitWorks= awesome. Great teen handlers and librarian planners, packed rooms for two out of my three sessions (hey, that's really good, considering my competition was Ellen Hopkins, Carl Deuker, Ann Angel, Ron Koertge, and Raina Telgemeier), and totally good pizza. Plus, it was wonderful meeting all of the authors. Raina and I need to find each other at another conference because we have way too many unfinished conversations. And how much do I love Carl Deuker? And Ann Angel. All of them, really. What a great time!

The contest! With a roll of an eight-sided die, the winner is...

Drum roll...

Kimberly!
I'll send you an email to confirm. Thanks to all who entered! Now back to the basement grind (which means leaving the house so I don't have to look at the basement or its barfed-out contents).

No comments: