Thursday, July 21, 2011

Comic-Con Regrets

I don't remember feeling this bad last year when I wasn't at Comic-Con. Maybe I wasn't in as much of a general funk as I am now, but I just can't stop thinking about how I wish I was at Comic-Con. A bunch of my faves and recent obsessions are there (why, Ghost Adventures guys, why?), and I'm feeling stupid for not buying tickets when they went on sale just in case. Then Matt, Romy and I could have popped off to San Diego on a whim. Right now (as I write this) we'd be dreaming about packing our lunch from Ralph's and sitting on the convention hall floor, just watching the weirdos go by.  Sigh.

In honor of my depression, I am going to be tweeting pictures all Comic-Con weekend from the three times I did go to the Con. Please follow me @julie_halpern so you can revisit the good times with me. Please?
Here's a taste. Do you know who that guy is with his arm around me?

Holy shit! [watching the news]The US Air Guitar Championship is in Chicago this year? And I'm going to miss it because I'm going to see The Monkees in Milwaukee that night? How unfair is that? The heavens are just not aligning for me. Missing Comic-Con. Missing air guitar. What else am I missing? Really, don't tell me. I don't think my fragile brain could handle it.

3 comments:

Teenage Librarian said...

Can I at least tell you that the Monkees show is awesome? I just saw them in LA and they played for 2.5 hours! They played so many songs that I consider to be not the "popular" ones. It was great. Out of the 13(!!!) other times I've seen them, this was one of the best shows!

You'll have a blast!

carey said...

is that clem from buffy?

also, i hear you about missing comic con. i've never been, but this year it seems like everyone is there.

Julie H said...

TL, 2.5 hours?! I don't know if I have that in me anymore. Still, it does make me look forward to it more. Thanks! And Carey, you are right! Did you see my Clem post on Twitter, or did you just know?