Monday, July 25, 2011

At the Movies

This weekend Matt and I took Romy to her first movie, Winnie the Pooh. We thought it would be a good one, since I am not ready to have her sit around watching movies that contain anything remotely negative (I hate how G-rated movies throw around the word "stupid." Oh, the irony, since Romy has now said- twice- "mother fucker" in the car. I'm thinking she got that one from me. Oy). I thought it was a mostly successful outing, since she didn't talk or switch seats through the entire movie (only most of it). It ended on a sour note, though, when Romy decided she needed a ridiculous Captain America plush doll in the claw machine in the lobby. We played it once, lost, of course, and then the tantrum began. Sad, since it's been a couple weeks since we've had a tantrum. Ah, well, at least she got into the movie for free! How distracting was Zooey Deschanel's singing? Hipster Pooh is something no one needs.

In other news, I have become increasingly obsessed with having one of the Ghost Adventures guys RT my comments on Twitter. It's SO LAME. How am I such a douchey toolbag? Really, this must stop. And it will when one of them RTs. Ha! Do you think less of me because of this? I kind of do. Damn you, Twitter, and your faux accessibility!

Speaking of Twitter, you should all check out my pictures of Comic-Cons past. Because I posted them. I think I need to get out more.

1 comment:

Brian James said...

Oh the claw! Went out with our friends and their 3 1/2 year old this weekend to play mini-golf and they had one of those. He wanted to play it, but I told him he'd be better off just giving me the quarter. It confused him enough to distract him away from the claw.

I still don't get the deal with Twitter. I'll probably go back when I have a new project to talk about, but overall I just don't see the purpose of it.