Monday, May 23, 2011

Ready for my closeup?

The Chicago Tribune is doing a story on a few YA authors who will appear at the Printers Row Lit Fest in a few weeks (including moi), and I was asked by a photographer when he can take pictures of me for the article.  I suggested they just use my "author picture" (the nice one Matt took of me in our backyard), but the photographer said they wanted new ones.  Or something.  He said he could come to my house, or we could go somewhere that had some significance to my books.  I couldn't think of anywhere, and out of convenience I said he could come to my house.  Which feels weird.  The last time I was photographed for the Trib was when Get Well Soon just came out.  The photographer came to my work, a school library, and they photographed me between the book stacks.  I can't find the picture anywhere now, and even the time I posted it on this blog has disappeared.  It is a rather funny picture because I am peaking out behind some books, and I have a semi-ridiculous look on my face.  I also had a sinus infection and went home sick the moment after the picture was taken.

Now I'm trying to figure out where we'll take the picture in my house.  I don't have an office, or even a desk, really.  I do have a lot of toys scattered around the house and a cat who is constipated and may poo at any moment on our basement floor.  I'm not smelling photo-op (although I am smelling something else).  I will be happy when it's over tomorrow, and I don't have to worry about my house being clean or my cat pooping.  I'll let you know how it goes.  The picture, not the poop.  Unless you ask.

No comments: