Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stinky Pee Wee

I completely forgot that I offered a contest last week to win a collection of my friend's zines!  Please post a comment on THAT post, and I will choose the winner this Friday. Oy. That's my birthday, btw. This Friday. I am selecting my cake today. Taking Romy to the bakery and everything. She gets one sprinkle cookie while we're there.

Speaking of Romy, she is way into Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Like, we have to watch it every single day. She likes the beginning up until the bike gets stolen, as well as the biker bar "Tequila" dance scene. She also loves Frances, who she thinks is a girl. Because she is so into it, I have been going ebay crazy trying to win her various Pee Wee dolls. I finally won an auction on the pull-string talking one, but when I opened the box (not in front of her. I want to give it to her for a special day) it reeked of cigarettes. WTF. I don't know what to do. Matt claims if we keep it out of the box, it will air out. I think it won't. I am afraid to give a bad rating on ebay because they give bad ratings back, but, geez, this is a toy for a kid to play with. What am I supposed to do? It's in our basement now, but I think I will move it to the garage. That seems like it could freeze the stink out of it. Maybe? Any tips?

2 comments:

Brian James said...

Put it out in the freezing cold, it will certainly take the stink out.

Casey said...

It should air out. Ebay sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. At least they couldn't recently. Only buyers. I would be mad if I got something that was stinky.