Monday, October 25, 2010

What to Watch Part I

The big day approaches: Romy turns two on November 1, which means Matt and I will finally allow her to watch TV.  Not like, sit around and watch it freely, but selectively.  By us.  We've read from various studies that say it's best for children not to watch TV until after age two, in terms of brain development.  I'm sure there are many studies that say TV altogether is evil, but I was probably too busy watching TV to read those.

Now comes one of the biggest decisions of my life: what should we show her first?!  Matt and I ate dinner at a new Indian restaurant in our town last night, and I made us create a list of options.  This week, I'll share with you clips from the list, and along with considering all of your comments and suggestions (bring 'em on!), I'll have a poll at the end of the week for you to vote on your choice for Romy's first TV show!

Today's options: The Muppets.  We love us some Muppets in our house.  But which episode?  Which songs?  Here are some of my faves:







4 comments:

Brian James said...

Muppets are great. I always thought of it as more of 4-6y.o. show.

For current song tot television:
Have you seen Yo Gabba Gabba? It's actually quite enjoyable. My friend's (just turned 3 year old) son loves it.

Natalie Whipple said...

Sesame Street is still a fave in this house as well. When it comes to TV, it's mostly PBS in general here. My kids both love Dinosaur Train. The new one, The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That, has been received very well here. Dino Boy in particular loves it.

As for movies, I keep my kids on a healthy Miyazaki diet:) With the occasional Pixar movie.

Unknown said...

Kipper--so slow, not too much happening on the tv screen at once. The accents are great too.
Anja has watched everything already.(does that mean she will be a dullard? ha ah) She loves yo gabba gabba--but it's a lot of weird things for a first-timer.

Holly said...

My boys loved Blue's Clues. All the characters are named for colors. Baby Einstein was also a big hit.