Saturday, October 23, 2010

TV Time

This morning I was up at 6:45 because that's when my body decided to get up.  I could have worked on the typing of The Sequel, but I wasn't in the mood.  So I tried to set my DVR up with a number of new programs that Entertainment Weekly had listed in their TV roundup.  Naturally, the cable was acting wonky and none of the programs were showing as listed.  Sad.  Here is what I want to record:
  • Sherlock  -A new, modern version on PBS.  Sounds interesting.  Could be one of those things I tape and never watch, though.
  • Dead Set  -This looks crazy good.  It's a play on a British reality show where zombies attack the people!  Love me some zombies.  Which also explains my next recording...
  • The Walking Dead -Based on the comic I was into for a little while.  I think I like my zombies in film form a little more than book form.  They scare me more in film.  Or is it less?  I think film does such an incredible job of creating nastiness in zombies, and I appreciate that.  But when I read about them, they're in my head.  I don't want them in my head.  Zombies are sooooo scary.  Scary awesome.
  • Kevin Smith: Too Fat for 40 -Not sure about this one.  Have always had a love/hate with Kevin, but I'm usually interested in things that he does.  We'll see. Let's just hope he's not too fat for my DVR.
The next big TV list I need to make is a very important one.  Romy is turning two on November 1, and she will finally be allowed to watch television.  Not a lot, but one program a day or so.  But what will she watch FIRST?  This week, I'll offer up some ideas, and feel free to offer some up, too.  At the end of the week, I'll give you a poll.  Right now?  I'm trying the DVR again.

No comments: