Monday, September 20, 2010

Yul Log

First off, how could no one comment on those hideous shoes?  Did I offend?

Second off (?), I am feeling pretty sad about the upcoming completion of my first draft of GET WELL SOON: THE SEQUEL (not the real title.  Will there ever be a real title?  I have about twenty so far.).  So sad, in fact, that I keep putting off writing.  I thought maybe it was because I was being tired and lazy, but that's rarely the case (the lazy part.  I am almost always tired, no thanks to the failure of my Lunesta after only two nights of taking it).  I think it has more to do with the fact that I love these characters so much that I don't want to leave them.  Is that weird, considering Anna, the main character, is essentially me?  She's not as much me as she was in GET WELL SOON: THE ORIGINAL RECIPE (also not real title), but she still has a lot of me in her.  And the friends I made up for her are awesome.  So funny and odd.  Did I already tell you I'm on my SEVENTH notebook?!  By the time I'm finished, I should have about 400 handwritten pages.  Which makes the panic set in when I think about typing those bastards up.  For now, though, I am in pre-completion mourning for the characters.  Of course, I will see them again and again as I type, then revise, then revise again, but it's not the same.  Their story will soon be written.  So shall it be done.  If only Yul Brenner were sitting next to me, saying that in my ear.  In his Ten Commandment days.  Not as a corpse.  That was gross.  Sorry.

1 comment:

Brian James said...

I know the feeling....

But wait a second, you write your drafts by hand?!? That's insane.