Sunday, February 07, 2010

Super Bowl of Bedbugs

The only time I have ever watched the Super Bowl is when the '85 Bears were doing the Super Bowl Shuffle. I still know most of the words. If other football teams would make hilariously bad songs and videos, perhaps I would be more interested. Not really. I'm too busy watching "Hoarders" to watch the Super Bowl. Man this show is jacked up. One episode I watched had a house filled with bedbugs. So disgusting. I was itchy for days. Matt can't watch the show anymore. He's in the shower now, though, so I can enjoy. Or whatever it is that one does when they watch "Hoarders." I think it would be sick to enjoy it. I read an article about the show where they said they once found 34 dead cats underneath a pile of junk. Say what? How can I not be fascinated by this?

In non-hoarding news, I received the best email from my editor. She said she thought my third novel was brilliant [when you send a manuscript off to your editor, you then have to wait around with fingers crossed that they will say they like it. And eventually you receive a puffy envelope with some typed suggestions for the overall book, as well as the entire manuscript with little changes throughout]), and that I would receive one of the lightest edits from her ever (except for my lamely rushed ending, which I totally know I have to fix). I forwarded the email to my agent, and she said she hasn't seen a letter like that from my editor in a long time. I still kind of don't believe both of them, like they are just trying to be overly nice, but maybe not? Sure made me feel good! The more positive feedback I receive on my writing, the more confident I am about it. Isn't that pathetic? I know I should just be proud of my art, or whatever, but I have never been one to enjoy a "critique." I want people to like my work. So nyah.

Excuse me, I think I see a cat sticking out of my pile of manuscripts over there... [Lamest blog ending ever.]

5 comments:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

My husband is a huge Bears fan, so when all the guys came out at the beginning of our wedding, they came out to The Superbowl Shuffle. I agree that more teams need to make cheesy songs-then I would be more interested!:)

And congrats on the good feedback-I can't wait to hear more about this mysterious third novel.

Steph said...

I remember the dead cats. They only showed two on tv though. They were flat. Nasty.

Skyebird said...

dead cats are creepy

*shivers*

Skyebird said...

& conrats on the feedback!!!!

Julie H said...

GBTQ- That's hilarious about your wedding! Steph- They showed two of the cats on TV?! That's sick. Skyebird- I am pretty sure you would not be able to handle the cats. Thank goodness they weren't horses!