Thursday, February 04, 2010

Proust Questionnaire Thursday! Today's Special Guest: Amy Brecount White!

Amy Brecount White's debut novel, Forget-Her-Nots, drops (ha! I sound like such a tool when I use that word. So I shall use it as oft as possible) March 2. Her website has a very handy list of the meanings of flowers from the book. I give you basil! Figure it out!

The following questions are based on James Lipton's questions from Inside the Actors Studio, which, in turn, are based on the Proust Questionnaire. One of the questions is about swearing, so please excuse our French.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present Amy Brecount White!

1. What is your favorite word? serendipity
2. What is your least favorite word? sucks
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? The scent of flowers. Muffins baking. Cool mountain air.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Loud noises. Discord. Icky smells.
5. What sound or noise do you love? A silvery flute.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? My kids fighting.
7. What is your favorite curse word? Merde.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd love to run a flower conservatory with a bookstore and coffee shop!
9. What profession would you not like to do? Politician. I need my down time.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I just want a smile.

Next week's author: Cynthia Omololu!

3 comments:

Skyebird said...

March 2- thats my birthday!

A friend said...

I'm happy you brought this back to your blog. I love it! Great way to get to know someone. Have you ever asked the kids in your school any of these questions? Would be interesting to see how teenagers answered.

Skyebird said...

I give you Carnation (yellow) by the way.

So THERE!!
:~)