Friday, February 12, 2010

Jube Jels Where are You???

First off, I must apologize for not posting the Proust Questionnaire yesterday on Cynthia Omololu. Being out of the groove with that for a month made me forget. So I'll just wait to post it until next Thursday. Speaking of next Thursday, if I forget to post the Questionnaire (oy, Julie! You're already thinking you'll forget??), the reason is that I will be speaking that morning at a high school to about 500 students about writing. Dang. I have nothing prepared as of yet. I am much better at speaking to middle schoolers. Or at least, I think I am. I have never actually spoken to a theater filled with high school students. What the frig am I going to say? I have 45 minutes! I'll let you know how it goes.

On to what's truly important: jube jels. Why has Brach's tortured me by not producing enough of their delicious Jube Jel Hearts? I found a bag at Target about a month ago, ate too much of it, threw it out so I wouldn't keep eating, and then, when I went back the next weekend to buy another bag (because that's how I do) they were gone. And they've been gone ever since. From EVERYWHERE. Seriously. If you can find me a bag of Jube Jel Hearts, I will send you a copy of one of my books. Really. So, go forth and find me some Jube Jels! My success next Thursday depends on it (um, not really, but I sure am jonezing for them. Damn you, Brach's!).

4 comments:

molly. said...

Julie you are going to be wonderful. I am a high school student and if your talks are anything like your books and/or blog posts then you will most certainly be wonderful. And good luck finding your Jube Jels! (:

Julie H said...

Hey Molly! That's so sweet of you! I still feel totally freaked out and unprepared. If I would only just sit down and figure it out, I wouldn't be so nervous. I'd rather watch iCarly. though. :)

enestvmel said...

We have the same problem with the regular jube jels. We usually have to buy them online in bulk, and even then it's getting very tough to find. Try ebulkcandy.com.

Unknown said...

hi Julie, i may have bad news. :'( if you look at Brach's website, you will find a mention of the hearts, but if you search their site for jube jels, you will find 0 results. I have been a faithful eater of Jube Jels for 55 years, they are, by far my favorite, i am sad!! :'(((