Thursday, December 03, 2009

Thursday Follies

I have made a decision to postpone the Proust Questionnaires until the new year. I have several authors lined up, all with books that won't be out until 2010, so I figure I'll wait until their books are closer to being debuted.

In Julie news, I have started obsessing somewhat about Rupert Grint emailing me. Not that he has, but that he hasn't. So pathetic of me. Will he really write me just because I sent him my books and included his name in one of them? Will he, I ask? Sigh. Why do I get all weird when it gets wintry out? I seem to feel more Harry Potterly obsessive this time of year.

I happened upon something quite cool, and I don't remember what I was even searching for when I found it. INTO THE WILD NERD YONDER was nominated to be on the Amelia Bloomer List, a yearly list of the best feminist books for young readers selected by the Feminist Task Force of the American Library Association! That is such a HUGE honor! I was a Women's Studies major in college and am so down with the this list. That would be majorly fantastically cool to make it. Cross your fingers!

I wonder how Rupert Grint feels about feminists?

4 comments:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Congrats on the Amelia Bloomer nomination!

I feel more Harry Potter obsessed in winter too-I think the cold and snow make me think about Hogwarts. Are you planning on visiting the themepark when it opens? My husband and I are thinking it'll make a perfect anniversary trip!:)

Julie H said...

Funny you should ask-- I actually begged my publisher to bring me to NCTE/ALAN next fall because it's in Orlando! I am considering going to NCTE/ALAN on my money, just for an excuse to visit Hogwarts! Let me know if you go!

Jody said...

That is awesome that Nerd Yonder was nominated! Congrats, Julie!

SeriouslySarah said...

You know he used to! I don't know about now but my friend sent a fan letter to him years ago just for fun since she didn't think he'd reply but she got an autograph photo sent back to her from him, or at least his publicist who got the things signed.