Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Jersey Girl

It's snowing outside right now (duh. It's not going to be snowing inside, right?), and it's so insanely beautiful when I have nowhere to be. Now, if it continues (which it is supposed to) tomorrow, that is going to suck for our holiday travels. So is the way of Christmas. All stress and rushing and money and fatness. At least, that's what it feels like right now to this Jewish gal.

In non-weather news, GET WELL SOON has been nominated for a Garden State Teen Book Award! Thanks to Brenda for the tip. To all you teens in Jersey reading my blog, please vote here! Maybe then I can visit New Jersey and stop by the Cake Boss bakery! They call me Buddy. And Buddy can make me a special book award cake! Yeah!

Be sure to visit Teensreadtoo.com to read the new, great review of INTO THE WILD NERD YONDER! Thanks, TR2 (um, do you guys ever refer to yourselves that way?)!

In new book news, I have FINALLY finished typing up my new novel. As some of you may remember, I hand-write (like an idiot, I'm starting to think), and then it takes me forever to retype what I wrote. But I can't have someone else do the typing because I do such much revising. But now that it's done, I think I am going to try something and go back and insert a bunch of new chapters from a different character's perspective. I just feel it will give more insight into why that character did what she did, and it will also show you about the two main characters through this character's eyes. Dunno. We'll see how it works. The book is not super-long, and I have a little over a month before my deadline, so I'm going to play with it.

Happy Hanukkah (over, I know, but I'm saying it anyway)! Merry Christmas! Happy Kwanzaa! Happy New Year!

No comments: