Thursday, August 06, 2009

Stuck stuck stuck!

For the past two days I have been stuck on my new novel. I think part of it is that I have been writing at my computer, or at least in front of it. Some of you may know that I hand write my books, then type them up, so I don't really need to be at a computer while I'm writing. And today has shown me that being at a computer does more damage than good. I can't stop checking emails and facebooks and searching for crap (like a new pair of Vans I plan on buying for the beginning of the school year). I was using the excuse (to myself, since no one is asking me) that I needed to look at the website images of this place I was writing about today(a very bizarre hotel), but that took a lot away from my writing. Couldn't help myself.

So, for all of those writers out there who write directly onto a computer, I ask
HOW DO YOU WRITE A BOOK WHEN THE INTERNET IS CALLING TO YOU?!

And now, for something most excellent, two new online reviews for Into the Wild Nerd Yonder:

Green Bean Teen Queen

Persnickety Snark

Thanks to the two lovely bloggers!

Less than two days until our very first YA Author Proust Questionnaire with Ellen Wittlinger! And don't forget about the Get Well Soon audiobook contest. Time for me to shut the computer down. I think I can I think I can...

No comments: