Thursday, June 25, 2009

Get Well Soon Audiobook Contest!

Yeah, it's time for another contest. I was sort of saving it, to spread the contests out, but then I thought, why? I can have another contest soon to win Into the Wild Nerd Yonder buttons (oooooh!), a Get Well Soon paperback contest, and then, soon enough, a full-on Nerd hardcover contest. Calm down, calm down. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Today begins the Get Well Soon audiobook contest! If you love audiobooks (and who doesn't?), or if you love Get Well Soon (I sure hope you do), or if you just love me (um, no pressure, really), then please enter to win one of three, that's right, THREE copies of Get Well Soon on audio. These are finely crafted, Listening Library audio CDs, ladies and germs, all in a shiny, yellow plastic case. Read by the wonderful Mandy Siegfried. Here's the lowdown on Get Well Soon (just in case you don't already know):
Anna Bloom is depressed—so depressed that her parents have committed her to a mental hospital with a bunch of other messed-up teens. Here she meets a roommate with a secret (and a plastic baby), a doctor who focuses way too much on her weight, and a cute, shy boy who just might like her.

But wait! Being trapped in a loony bin isn’t supposed to be about making friends, losing weight, and having a crush, is it?

In her fiction debut, Julie Halpern finds humor in the unlikeliest of places, and presents a character whose voice—and heart—will resonate with all of us who have ever felt just a little bit crazy.

Here's the ol' webpage link to get the full on scoop.

All you have to do to enter is comment on this blog post about anything. Could be about this post, could be about SYTYCD, could be about what you had for dinner last night. I'll draw the three winners in one week (if I remember to do it next Thursday. Otherwise, possibly next Friday. It's kind of like at the end of voting shows, where they say, "The phone lines will be open for at least two hours after the show." What's that about? How do you know when to stop calling then?).

Good luck, loyal listeners!

23 comments:

stephanie bertelsen said...

Well, since I have not read the book - I will just love you!!!!! Stephanie Bertelsen :)

Leonard said...

I think Romy is the cutest thing ever. Last night we went to the Home Town Buffet and had oodles of comfort food for dinner. My grandchildren Ina and Elan can both sit up and play with each other.
Love, Uncle Leonard

Kristen said...

I haven't read this either, but I want to! :)

L said...

Enter me please. This sounds like a great read.

lovinfitch(at)aol(dot)com

Cecelia said...

I can't imagine the scenario in the book description, so it's a good thing someone else did and I can read it. Or listen, if I'm lucky. Please enter me!

celialarsen(at)gmail(dot)com

LadyVampire2u said...

Sounds like an awesome read...err audio book. And do you know, now that I think about it..I've never had or listened to an audio book before. Would be a cool experience. So please enter me and thanks!
LadyVampire2u(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Amy Ward said...

Would love to read (listen) to the book! Thanks for the contest! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Ah, I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you soon enough...but yes, re-posted your contest how you like in the Mr. Linky just fine. Thanks for holding a contest for the carnival! :)

No need to enter me, I have the book.

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

I've already read and enjoyed, but I bet one of my library's summer reading participants would love to get this as a prize!

twonickelsoradime (at) gmail

Ann Diana Dinh, said...

Oh this book sounds really interesting!! And I like the cover!

behapppppppy(at)hotmail(dot)com

kaymf said...

I haven't read this book so it would be great to win it. And it would actually be my first audio book because I don't really buy audio books.
flayla14(at)yahoo(dot)com

Brittany said...

I loved the book and I guess I could love you if we ever actually met or talked or maybe even if I saw you walking down the street eating ice cream (love at first sight totally happens). So I'm guessing that Into the Wild Nerd Yonder is a new book by you. Do I guess correct? I'm sure I do and with such will most certainly be on the look out to buy for me and my library. Well thanks for this opportunity to win an audio book. I have a road trip coming up in August and this would be perfect (hint, hint) Just kidding, well kind of.......


teensatthelibrary[at] yahoo.com

Kristi said...

This book sounds really cute - and one that my daughter wouldn't mind me listening to in the car!

kherbrand at comcast dot net

Jodie said...

This sounds so intriguing - I'd love to win! Starting to hear great things about 'Into the Wild Nerd Yonder' via the blogs btw.

Llehn said...

This book sounds interesting. I've never read a book dealing with people going into the loony bin before!

lesly7ch(at)yahoo(dot)com

WordVore Prod said...

Summary sounds cool...would love to enter:)
prodhi@live.com

Sarah said...

Hi! I'm new to all this. I found your contest at The Book Carnival. Your books sounds like it'll be really good!

two_of_hearts_101@yahoo.com

Test said...

I would love to enter! :)

Katie said...

Sounds like a great read! And I have a long road-trip coming up that could use an audio book.

(Also? On SYTYCD, Evan goes to my college! Naturally, he's my favorite.)

readwhatyouknow@gmail.com

Carlene said...

I love the cover. Please inlcude me in your giveaway.
Thanks
Carlene
iluvreading(at)verizon.net

VioletReads said...

Sigh, I can never call into voting shows because I always tivo them and watch them days later when the real life has already happened.

And I must say that Into the Wild Nerd Yonder is totally my favorite title that I've heard in a while. Also, audiobook contests are super cool and Get Well Soon sounds fabulous!

Unknown said...

about anything huh?

Okay, did you know that there are approximately 15,000 babies born every hour?

:)

Katie said...

I'm really looking forward to this one!
bball11kt@sbcglobal.net