Sunday, April 05, 2009

Creepy morn

I woke up this Sunday morning at 6 to feed Romy, and then I decided not to go back to sleep. I don't know why, but it's been one of those mornings where everything feels creepy. I've bee reading Neal Gaiman's The Graveyard Book, but I seriously do not think that's the reason. I felt creepy before I began reading today. Right now I'm trying to exorcise the creeps by watching multiple episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It's not working. Moving on...

I am hoping to update my website today to add an Into the Wild Nerd Yonder page. But I have many lofty plans that are easily squashed by the cuteness and neediness of Romy.

We are having a contest in the library for people to create a diorama based on a book using Peeps. It is beyond fabulous. My assistant, Katie, and I have already had way too many laughs on the matter. Katie created this scene based on Roald Dahl's The Twits.

And here's mine, A Weasley Family portrait. This picture does not show the intricate details (sweaters, hairdos) of the individual Weasley members, so I plan to take more pics tomorrow. I am in love with this!

6 comments:

Skyebird said...

cute!

buddythecat17 said...

Hey! I just wanted to say that I just finished Get Well Soon and absolutely loved it! I hope its okay with you if I imagine that ten years later Justin calls Anna, they go out for coffee, then Justin proposes to Anna at the shark exhibit at the aquarium. I would love that! This book was just great. I read it in 2 days and thouroughly enjoyed it! Keep writing!

buddythecat17 said...

I LOVED this book! I just absolutely loved it! Keep writing! Maybe even a sequel in which Justin and Anna meet again??

Julie H said...

Hey buddythecat17! Thank you so much! I love the imagining of Anna and Justin ten years later. I picture it like they hadn't seen each other since the hospital. Tres romantic! No such sequel yet, but maybe someday...

joyce said...

PEEPS!!!

joyce said...

PEEPS!!!