Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today we celebrated my mom's 60th birthday. We threw the party at my house, which is very unusual. We have lived in the house almost four years and this is only the second party we've had (we threw a Rosh Hashanah shindig the first year. I made vegetarian paella. It was quite ambitious). For the party, we ordered food from a local Italian bakery, and it could not have been better. The house looked great, the food was sooooo good, and everyone had a nice time. Because we never have guests, we also don't have enough furniture for feeding guests, so my aunt was kind enough to bring over two tables and eight chairs. We set up a small table in the kitchen to put the food on (my aunt had dropped the table off earlier in the week, so she wasn't at my house at the time of this next story), and right as Matt, me, and my sister were setting up the plates with sandwiches and chips (fancy sandwiches and chips, not Subway-esque crap) the table legs fell out and all of the food fell! It was pretty hilarious, as well as frightening, but we saved everything except the table cloth and a pile of chips. Nice save, Amy (my sis)! Now we have seven hundred left-over sandwiches and salads, but that's OK. This is a shortened week of work, and this way we don't have to go to the grocery store. Until the sandwiches get soggy, that is. And then it's Spring Break! Woo hoo!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great offspring you and your sister are, can I give you my kids phone number and you can share about giving moms a birthday party.

And how nice to have the memory of the table collapsing. Too bad the video wasn't running, theres always "America's Funniest Home Videos".
Just wanted to say I think it was a super cool thing for you to throw your mom a party!! Kudos to you and your sister!

Anonymous said...

opps, that last one was from me. neglected to put my name in.

Anonymous said...

once my grandma's dog ate the salmon that we where supposed to have for dinner. nice going puppy!! (my grandmother is a terrible cook)