Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fuddy

On our way back from the Anderson's Breakfast, Matt and I went to lunch at Fuddruckers. They have great veggie burgers (probably because they are cooked on top of the actual meat juice) and great fries. They also have a gigantic, one pound burger, so I asked the kid taking our order, "Do you have a giant bun to go with the giant burger?" He answered, "Yeah, and we have a giant plate, too." That peaked my interest, so I asked, "How many giant burgers get ordered in a day?" He answered (more enthusiastically this time), "About five or so per shift." Sick! Then I asked, "Can you predict who's going to order them?" You could totally see that this kid, all nonchalant, couldn't-give-a-crap teenager, perked up at this conversation because then he said, "No. But every time anyone orders it, I can't believe they could actually eat that much meat." I could have gone all day with this conversation, but I could tell Matt was getting embarrassed or something (whatever), and there was a line forming behind us. I don't know why this story makes me smile so much. That's a lot of meat.

No comments: