Saturday, December 08, 2007

Stephanie Nancy

I have a new love in my life. Her name is Stephanie Nancy, and she's a Cabbage Patch Kid. It's weird because even though I had CPKs as a kid, I was never a crazy doll person. I think I just wanted them because everyone else wanted them. But now I have a new fascination. I love how they really are all different when you look at them on store shelves. I love their funny hairdos and silly facial expressions. Every year Matt and I go to our local grocery store where they have a gift tree, covered in tags with children's names and gifts they would like but cannot afford. So Matt and I pick a boy and a girl and buy them one toy and one practical gift each(like a blanket or hats and gloves). This year I scoured the tree for someone who wanted the gift that I really wanted to buy: a Cabbage Patch Kid. And there was one! I plucked the tag, and last night Matt and I went to Target and I bought the cutest damn kid, Stephanie Nancy. I even made up a song with her name (well, the song is actually me just singing "Stephanie Nancy," but it's a nice little tune). I wish we got to see the kids opening up their gifts. I hope my girl loves Stephanie Nancy (um, isn't the name just a little hilarious?) as much as I do.

In other news, I would like to do a podcast of me reading from Get Well Soon. Any suggestions on the best way to do that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure how to post a podcast but it's probably really easy. I can look into it if you want. I'm sure Apple has made it idiot-proof.