Thursday, December 20, 2007

Snowflake Revealed!

Well, my Secret Snowflake guessed me, but only because she received something in the mail saying that she received a gift subscription to Budget Travel Magazine. She actually just thought that maybe I sent it out to all of the English teachers because I got it free or something, so I kind of ruined it by freaking out that she guessed I was her Secret Snowflake (which she didn’t). At least it just happened one day early. She seemed excited about the gift, so that made me happy. I exchanged presents with my two assistants this morning with a group of students surrounding us as we opened them. It was super fun. I think it’s really nice for the kids to see us liking each other, seeing teacher be nice to each other, etc. Not that they see us not being nice, but maybe they don’t get to see teachers interacting very often. Maybe I just think that because I’m in the library all day. Anyway, the gifts were well-received by both receivers and watching students. It was very fun. Making me excited for the many gift-giving and getting situations I’ll be in next week. It’s fun being a Jew at Christmastime married to a non-Jew. I like being involved in the all of the eating and gifting hoopla. Most of the time.

In other news, like the rest of the country, I am feeling like a massive pig for eating all of the crap that is everywhere. I just had one thin, small peppermint stick covered in chocolate (we’re talking three inches long, as thin as a piece of yarn), and now I feel like crap. Absurd, I know. Last night was our Dungeons and Dragons Club party, and I ate SO MUCH. I messed up and didn’t take a picture, but some of the kids brought in fabulous cakes shaped like castles! So I ate that. And a brownie. And a bunch of pizza. And something else, I’m sure. Maybe it wasn’t that much. Maybe just seeing all of the junk everywhere is making it seem like a lot. I am feeling the need to detox a bit, but I better prepare for the Southern chow waiting at the in-laws’ homes.

Something cool I found: Gabrielle Zevin talks about her visit to my school on her website!

2 comments:

Kaleb Nation said...

Oh yes, no wonder I'm feeling sick. It's probably all the cakes and cookies I've been having...

Funny. Pizza sounds very good right now...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I feel like lard too. No more cookie swaps.