Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm gonna win!

I just did something I have never done before. I entered the New Yorker magazine's cartoon caption contest. It's this thing they do every week, where they have a comic without a caption, and readers have to think of a caption. Not that I'm a reader. The articles in The New Yorker are a tad long for my magazine taste, but Matt likes it for the illustrations. Anyway, there was a picture in this week's issue of two men sitting on lounge chairs in the middle of a circus ring. I'd love to tell you may caption, but Matt seems to think that if I tell, then someone else will steal my idea. I think that's hilarious, but whatever. The contest ends tomorrow night (and in a week I find out if I'm a finalist), so I'll tell you my caption on Monday. If you care. I think it's quite funny, in an absurd way, which may fit with the New Yorker randomness. Click on this link to see the picture. But don't enter. I want to keep my competition to a minimum.

No comments: