Monday, September 10, 2007

Why Do I Care?

Why do I care about poor Britney Spears? I so wanted her to succeed at the VMAs. I don't even have MTV, but I woke up and immediately found the footage on the internet. Oy. She barely moved. And she couldn't stand in her shoes. I'm not so upset about the lipsyncing [i think I spelled that wrong](she's a performer, people, not a fabulous singer), but I hated having to watch other people watch her. How can she come back now? And that song is decent! Why, oh why, did that have to happen? I'm all broken up about it. Poor thing.

In much better performance news, I watched the movie Air Guitar Nation last night. It's a documentary about the International Air Guitar Championships that take place every year in Finland. I LOVED it! I couldn't sleep, I was so jacked up on air guitar excitement. It didn't help that the main "character"- C-Diddy- "played" the excellent "Play with Me" by Extreme (um, I had NO idea that's who played that song until I looked it up under the listing for Bill and Ted's Excellent Advneture soundtrack.), which is funny and rockin' at the same time. Click HERE to listen to it at YouTube. Listen to the beginning, then fast forward to 2:30 for the gist.I may have to watch the movie again tonight. It's the feel-good hit of the year! Sorry. I'm being a dork. Must be the Extreme combined with the whole air guitar thing. Now if I can only find my mullet...

No comments: