Monday, November 27, 2006

Shoppin' from A to Z

Well, hooray for Black Friday. I don't really have any traditions involving the mega shopping day. I just go with my gut. A few years ago, my dad and I woke up at 6 and went to Kohl's and the mall. I was too tired, and it was insanely overwhelming. I almost threw up. This year, I studied the sales papers. There were things Matt and I needed, and good gift ideas, so the plan was to wake up at 7:00 and leave at 8:00. The first stop was a door buster at Office Max, and they were already sold out! Bogus. We went next door to Best Buy, which was freakishly frightening. I don't like buying from them anyway because they restock things that people have returned. I had a problem with that once. I will not go on with a full description of my shopping day, but I will list the rest of the day here (with comments where needed):

3. Target. Matt and I bought the Atari Flashback 2, filled with thirty games. We played for about ten minutes. Not so good. Although I do love Centipede, as it is the game I am best at in THE WORLD. Every time I play the game at a public place – to this day- I get my name on the high score screen.

Mall #1

4. Macy’s

5. Body Shop

6. The Gap

7. Sterling Works

8. Hallmark

9. Carleton Cards

Out of mall

10. Office Depot

Mall #2

11. Johnny Rockets

It was here that we noticed the awesome Flushed Away toys from McDonald’s. We went to four more McDonald’s over the next twenty-four hours to purchase a complete collection.

12. Macy’s

13. Oilily

14. Lord and Taylor

Out of mall

15. Staples

Home for nap.

16. Sam’s Club

17. Michael’s

The day ended with a McDonald’s run, where the very nice manager rustled through the Happy Meal toy bin for ten minutes to find us toys. What a day! There’s more to the weekend, but Girlfriends is coming on. Gotta go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah! You have more perserverance than me. I could never have shopped on Friday. I hid inside instead. What other fun things did you find?

zanna said...

Good god, I'm exhausted just reading that list.